Outlook not syncing on Android? Here’s what to do
Outlook not syncing on Android? Here’s what to do
Microsofts Android suite gained a lot of popularity as the Redmond giant invest more in the development of apps like Microsoft Outlook. And the app is usually good, for some probably better than Google’s Gmail. However, some users are bothered by quite a debilitating error, as Outlook for Android is not syncing.
Learn how to fix this with the instructions below.
Table of contents:
Set up Gmailify Add-On
First, let’s start with the Gmail web. Follow the steps below to use Gmailify to set up Outlook with Gmail.
Step 1: Visit Gmail on the web. Tap on the Settings at the upper right corner, and head to See all Settings.
Step 2: Go to Accounts and Import tab.
Step 3: Scroll to Check mail from other accounts.
Step 4: Select Add a mail account. Add your Outlook ID and Password, and you will see your Outlook account linked with Gmail.
Within a few minutes, your Outlook emails will appear in the Gmail Inbox. Gmail will use the same filters and organize them accordingly.
You can set up Gmailify on mobile as well. Whenever you try to add Outlook with Gmail mobile app, the app will ask you to link the account using Gmailify instead. Go through the steps below to sync Outlook with Gmail on mobile.
Step 1: Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or Android.
Step 2: Tap on the hamburger menu at the top and select add account.
Step 3: When you select Outlook, the app will ask you to try the Gmailify service.
Step 4: Add the relevant Outlook ID and password and you are good to go.
- Open System Preferences . It’s normally in the Dock, but is also available from the Apple menu.
- Click Internet Accounts or Mail, Contacts, Calendars , then Add Account. , and then Google or Gmail .
- Enter your IU email address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org ; do not use a campus email address such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Click Next .
- Enter your IU username and passphrase, and click Login .
- Select the items you’d like to sync with your device, and click Done .
Commonly Asked Questions: Microsoft Outlook Sync With Android
How to turn off Outlook Sync Android?
To turn off sync for Outlook and Android, simply remove any linked accounts. On Outlook, remove any Google Email accounts registered as well as any form of sync option enabled. On your Android, disable any auto-sync option that’s enabled between the Outlook and any co-relating apps such as Calendar, Facebook, Gmail, etc. Ultimately, uninstall Outlook will remove any sync options between the OS and the Application.
How to sync Outlook contacts with Android?
To sync your Outlook contacts with your Android phone, navigate to phone Settings > Applications > Outlook > and make sure Contacts is enabled. After that, launch the Outlook app and go to Settings > tap on your account > tap Sync Contacts.
Enjoy the freedom and affordability of OfficeSuite compared to others. The suite lets you view, edit, and create documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. You can also convert them to PDF as well as manage your files.
The OfficeSuite Professional by Mobisystems is pre-loaded by top manufacturers and brands including Sony, Amazon, Acer, Alcatel, Toshiba, Sharp, YotaPhone, Kyocera and more.
Making the Most of Gmail
Now that you know how to sync Outlook to Gmail, it’s time to maximize your productivity as an emailer. If you’re a new G Suite user and you’re getting used to Gmail for the first time, or if you’ve been using Gmail for ages and you’re curious about tapping its full potential, we’ve built a tool designed to help you maximize your efficiency and productivity: EmailAnalytics.
With EmailAnalytics, you can automatically monitor your Gmail accounts (or the accounts of your employees), and pull in dozens of metrics that can help you better understand your email habits, from how often you send messages throughout the day and throughout the week, to your average email response time to incoming messages. Sign up for a free trial today, and start digging into the in-depth data visuals that can make you a better emailer.
Outlook for Android
- Install the Outlook for Androidapp from the Google Play Store and then open it. Tap Get Started if this is your first time. Otherwise, to add another email account, open the Menu > Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account, then skip to Step 4.
- Note: If you’re asked to choose your provider, you’ll have to set up your Exchange manually.
- Note: The sign in screen may look different for you depending on your email provider.
How do I sync my Android with Outlook
The first thing to do is to ensure that your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi. Inspect the connection and see whether any other app suffers from network issues. If the problem is isolated to Outlook, then you can move to another step.
On the other hand, if you have connectivity issues in general, try these steps:
- Reboot your phone/tablet and your wireless router.
- Enable Airplane mode for a couple of minutes. Disable it, connect to a network, and try syncing emails again.
- Reset Network Settings.
Solution 2 – Reset the account
The Outlook app offers a built-in reset option if emails are not syncing. You can find it in the individual account settings within the app. Once you reset the account, it will restart the syncing process and, hopefully, fix the problem for good.
Follow these steps to reset Outlook account:
- Open Outlook.
- Tap on the hamburger menu and then on the cog-like Settings icon.
- Open the Microsoft account that won’t sync.
4. Scroll down and tap Reset Account.
Solution 3 – Remove and add the account again
Moving forward. Of course, in case you still couldn’t resolve the sync issue, you can try and remove the account. Along with that, you can navigate to Outlook in a web browser and remove the Android device from the Sync list.
In order to do so, follow the steps from the previous solution just, instead of Reset, tap Delete Account. Add the account again afterward and look for improvements.
Solution 4 – Reinstall Outlook
If the previous steps weren’t of any help, let’s reinstall the app and give it another go. Usually, Microsoft tends to its Play Store apps but there might be a bug at the current version. If that’s indeed the case, the reinstallation should fix it for good.
Follow these steps to reinstall Outlook on Android:
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for Outlook and expand the Microsoft Outlook: Organize Your Email & Calendar app.
- Tap Uninstall and restart your device.
- Now, open any browser, navigate here, and sign in with the affected Outlook/Hotmail account.
- Under the Mobile device in the left pane, locate your device, highlight it and click on the minus sign (-) to delete it.
- After that, just install Outlook again, add your account, and look for improvements.
Solution 5 – Download an older APK version of Outlook
Finally, if you are still stuck with Outlook not syncing, you can roll back the app by installing an APK from APK Mirror (or any other APK aggregate of your choice). There’s definitely something flawed with the current version so, by installing an older version, Outlook should be able to sync emails successfully.
Here’s how to download and install an Outlook APK on your phone or tablet: